Thanksgiving is For Giving Thanks

I'm linking up with Speech is Sweet  for her weekly Wild about Books Wednesday linky.

I pulled out Thanksgiving is For Giving Thanks (Margaret Sutherland), mainly because I found it tucked in my November box and had forgotten it was there. It turned out to be a gold mine!
This is (obviously) a children's book that targets several things a child might be thankful for. The first 2 pages begin: I am thankful for my dad and mom. They love me when I'm good...and even when I'm not so good.
As you can see in the picture below, you can jump into inferences right away!
As I read through the book with my lower language students, I was able to target basic concepts, yes/no questions, "wh" questions, reasoning ("Do you think it's cold outside? What are the clues that tell you it's cold?"), and verbs.
It turned out to be the perfect book!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun book for the little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up! I'll definitely keep an eye out for this book - I need to beef up my November book collection for next year.:)

    ReplyDelete

While I appreciate all comments, those that include links will be marked as spam and will not be shown in the post comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...