Fancy Nancy: Our Thanksgiving Banquet

 
 
 I'm joining up with other SLPs at Speech is Sweet for her weekly linky.  It's super easy to link up: just write a blog post about the book that you're using this week, along with how you're using it in therapy. Then, link up!
 I pulled out a new book this week: Fancy Nancy: Our Thanksgiving Banquet (Jane O'Connor, Robin Preiss Glasser).
http://www.amazon.com/Fancy-Nancy-Our-Thanksgiving-Banquet/dp/0061235989
 This book would be great beginning with Kindergarten students. Unfortunately, I read it with my walk-in preschooler on Monday, so it was a tad bit long for her & didn't hold her attention. I will be reading it with my school-age kids at some point this month. Wonderful vocabulary and reasoning skills are in this book! Past tense and social skills can also be targeted.
My Thanksgiving books are very limited, so I'm anxious to see what books everyone else is reading this week!
 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great book for this time of year!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for linking up! I love the original Fancy Nancy - I will have to check this out! I definitely need more Thanksgiving books :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought this book! I love Fancy Nancy for tier 2 vocabulary. I also really like Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete

While I appreciate all comments, those that include links will be marked as spam and will not be shown in the post comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...